I’m too tired to write anything useful in paragraph form so a small list might be easier. Most of my memories from the last 48 hours are in small chunks.
1. Met up with The Divine Miss N for coffee on Monday morning. I can report she’s a real person. Hmm, I’m a little tired, what I meant is that she’s a really nice person.
2. MBA’s start on a public holiday but none of the support staff were there because they had the day off. Go figure.
3. My lovely, kind, gracious and beautiful wife finished off moving. A wonderful dinner shall be served as a huge thank you.
4. 326 LB, err, London Business School students in the class of 2007. We are the largest class in history.
5. Networking – I must confess that I’m not very good at networking with all 326 people. There are plenty of people comfortable in this arena but I am not. Please don’t confuse less comfortable with scared, but my mind completely freezes after what’s your name, where’d you move from, where are you living, and what stream are you in? There has to be better questions than these … I must practice, oh yes.
6. It appears to be a new rule on campus that all MBA2007’s must travel in packs of 3 to 5 people.
7. No West Virginia is not on the coast. Yes, we’re a state. No, a southern accent doesn’t reduce my IQ by 100 points. I have a wife, no she’s not my sister.
8. Oh the drinking and drinking and drinking … my liver may not be able to cope. But I shall practice diligently.
9. It is good to be here.
10. The last couple years have dulled my optimism and hung a yoke of negativity around my neck. This shall be removed in the next few days. Anything is possible; it is up to me and our class to make it happen.
Time for one beer and then I visit my house.
Ya’ll have a nice day.