I just finished reading the ESPN article on Becky Hammon playing for Russia instead of the United States women’s basketball team. Personally, I don’t see any problem with Becky strapping it up for the Russians – them blowing through Georgia is another matter – but this riff is about participating in the Olympics. I’m so not opposed to it that I’d like to offer myself up as an Olympic competitor for any small country wishing to have my services.
- I’m willing to participate in just about any sport except the horse back riding stuff
- I had at one time mad Madden 96 football skills but that game, like every music single and video game has now left me
- My first 3.1 miles of running are slow, but I won’t collapse
- Athletically I never really had a prime – a decent jump shot when unguarded
- No lateral speed to speak of
- Golf isn’t in the Olympics but that’s only C+-
Small countries of the world I’ve seen the video – some of ya’ll don’t mind if the people can’t swim for the swimming events – so my general lack of skills shouldn’t rule me out. I’m here and ready to compete for New Zealand, Canada or any other non-Olympic power.
Authors note: For those of you looking for Mike Jurick’s birthday post – it’s like, you know, right below this one and will always be labeled on the left side of the home page.